There was a mistake in The Hippo this week. We are sorry. Things can get crazy on deadline.
However, the Palace Theatre assures me there are plenty of seats available for the benefit show, “An Evening of Comedy with Sarah Silverman and Friends,” Sunday, July 19. You can pick up tickets at the box office at 80 Hanover St. in Manchester, which is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, and three hours before a show starts (or order them via phone or Web).
- The show benefits New Thalian Players free Theatre in the Park performances.
• Concord holds concerts in Eagle Square on six Thursdays at 7 p.m., and the Nevers’ Band performs at different parks throughout the summer.
• The Londonderry Arts Council plans Concerts on the Common, mostly on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. at the bandstand on the Londonderry Town Common at Mammoth and Pillsbury Roads. They also run the monthly open mic Nutfield Sessions.
• New Boston’s Recreation Department organizes summer concerts on alternate Sundays at 6 p.m. (New Boston’s Blues Association’s “Barnful of Blues Festival” Aug. 1 is at the county’s 4H Youth Center.)
• Derry uses their MacGregor Park bandstand for Tuesday and Thursday night summer concerts.
• Milford’s “Sounds on the Soughegan” concerts run Wednesdays for about 10 weeks this summer at Emerson Park.
• Merrimack holds concerts mostly Wednesdays at 7 p.m. through Aug. 26 at the Abbie Griffin Park bandstand. (The form to request use of the bandstand is here.)
• Community Events, LLC, is running outdoor family film series at Veterans Park in Manchester and Greeley Park in Nashua this summer.
• New Thalian Players produces Disney’s High School Musical at Veterans Park and Nashua Theatre Guild produces Shakespeare’s The Tempest at Greeley Park (July 17-July 26). (The application to use Veterans Park is here.)
• For information about concerts and other events at Nashua’s Greeley Park’s bandshell see Nashua’s “SummerFun” calendar and check for updates here.
• For more downtown Manchester events, also see Intown Manchester.
• Not outdoors, or in a park, but still free, the SummerSundays Concert Series is at the Hillsborough Center Congregational Church.
~Let me know what else to list…
Posted in Classical music, Concord, Film, For kids, Free, Londonderry, Manchester, Milford, Nashua, outside, Theater, Uncategorized
Tagged Abbie Griffin Park, Eagle Square, free concerts, free films, free theater, Greeley Park, Intown Manchester, MacGregor Park, Nashua Theatre Guild, Nevers' Band, New Thalian Players, Parks, Veterans Park