The famed Mary’s Closet is on New Hampshire Chronicle tonight. Yesterday, Tom and Tiffany hosted the show in costume from Mary’s, in Manchester. Today, the WMUR show is featuring this costuming company.
The New Hampshire Institute of Art’s Sidewalk Artfest is now happening Sunday, Oct. 4, rather than Saturday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Spain Brothers are playing, it’s free, and you can register ahead of time if you want to create your own chalk masterpiece.
Henniker apparently offers free concerts on Tuesdays it looks like.
More summer park concerts in southern New Hampshire are posted here.
There was a mistake in The Hippo this week. We are sorry. Things can get crazy on deadline.
However, the Palace Theatre assures me there are plenty of seats available for the benefit show, “An Evening of Comedy with Sarah Silverman and Friends,” Sunday, July 19. You can pick up tickets at the box office at 80 Hanover St. in Manchester, which is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, and three hours before a show starts (or order them via phone or Web).
• Concord holds concerts in Eagle Square on six Thursdays at 7 p.m., and the Nevers’ Band performs at different parks throughout the summer.
• The Londonderry Arts Council plans Concerts on the Common, mostly on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. at the bandstand on the Londonderry Town Common at Mammoth and Pillsbury Roads. They also run the monthly open mic Nutfield Sessions.
• Derry uses their MacGregor Park bandstand for Tuesday and Thursday night summer concerts.
• Milford’s “Sounds on the Soughegan” concerts run Wednesdays for about 10 weeks this summer at Emerson Park.
• New Thalian Players produces Disney’s High School Musical at Veterans Park and Nashua Theatre Guild produces Shakespeare’s The Tempest at Greeley Park (July 17-July 26). (The application to use Veterans Park is here.)
• For more downtown Manchester events, also see Intown Manchester.
• Not outdoors, or in a park, but still free, the SummerSundays Concert Series is at the Hillsborough Center Congregational Church.
~Let me know what else to list…